Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update on Baby and our move

We've been so busy with the move I haven't had a chance to update on our test results. So, here's the scoop:
All is well. My risk factor for the baby having Down Syndrome has decreased significantly. This decrease was based on the ultrasound where they measured the folds of the baby's neck (I think this is correct....something like that anyhow) and blood work done at the same time. The test results were negative for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18. So we're very happy with these results.
I will go to see my new OB/GYN on Tuesday in Chattanooga. I'm looking forward to this visit. Now that we're 14 weeks, I'm hoping if they do an ultrasound we may be able to find out if the baby will be a boy or girl.
Speaking of boy or girl, we've decided on names. I know I said we were set on a boy name already, but we've tweaked it a little....so, for a boy it will be Wyatt Jacob and if it's a girl it will be Claire Elizabeth.
The more I thought about Wyatt Leland, the less I liked it. I told Randy there is no reason (if the baby's a boy) that both boys need to have the same initials and I really would like the middle name to be a biblical name like Walker's. So, in trying to come up with a biblical middle name that flowed well with Wyatt, my mother-in-law suggested Jacob and I loved it!! So, Wyatt Jacob it is....it took a little convincing for Randy, but as I so kindly pointed out, he picked both of Walker's names and this time I get a turn! :) It's only fair, don't you think. hehe~~!

On to the move.........
Walker and I are now in good ole' Ft. Oglethorpe, GA. Randy and his dad left this morning to head back to Columbia to finish up things around the house and be there for the movers to arrive tomorrow. All of our worldly possessions will be delivered to GA on Tuesday. I'm glad that it's almost over. Randy has worked so hard on this move and I feel bad that I haven't been able to help him out as much.
OK, so my job is working out well. My employer is going to (for the time being) allow me to work from home here in GA. They are WONDERFUL!!! This means I don't have to try to find a job while I'm pregnant. I will be working 30-35 hours a week. This will be just perfect when Walker goes back to school....I can just work the hours he's in school. It's going to be great!

Walker is really looking forward to kindergarten. We've drove him by his new school so he could see it. He was so excited to see that it's a new school and has 2 big playgrounds.

That's all I have for now. Please check back in later in the week for an update from my next doc appointment!

No comments: