Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Shower

First, I'd like to say thanks to my mom and my BFF Stacey for all their work. And to Mary for the cake she worked so hard on!

And second, let me say that I'll post more pics when I get them. Most of them were taken with my mom's camera rather than mine, so I have to wait until she gets them to me (yep, that's a subtle hint, Mom) before I can post more.

Wow, it was a great turn-out! Even with the few people who were unable to attend due to illness, there were quite a few ladies and kiddos there!

My sister in law, Mary, made the most wonderful cake!! She is super talented! Here's a picture of the cake:

I hate that I didn't get to spend much time visiting with Mary and the kids....especially since they'd driven up all the way from Alabama. It was a crazy busy weekend.
My wonderful friend Shari, her kids and her sister drove in from Spring Hill for the shower. Little did we know there was major construction going on that basically shut down I-24 coming into Chattanooga! It took her much longer to get here than anticipated and Randy (with Walker) drove to Tiftonia to bring her in a back way. Bless their hearts for sitting in all that traffic! They did make it to the end of the shower and came over for a visit before heading back home.

I think the best part of the shower was that everyone was so willing to bring food for our little food drive! We originally were going to donate the food to the Chattanooga Food Bank, however I found out about a Ringgold family who is in need of help. The only thing the kids had for dinner on Halloween was the candy they collected. So, we decided to give the food to them. We collected a lot of food, I think, for a small baby shower! Thank you to everyone who brought in items for the food drive. I have wonderful family and friends with big hearts!


Not only did all of these wonderful ladies bring food for a needy family, they brought wonderful gifts for us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! All will be put to good use when Wyatt makes his appearance!
And a special thanks to Karen....for bringing a little something for Walker:)XOXO He was so excited to get his own little gift. Walker had a big day too. Shari's son, Tyler, and Walker are good friends but haven't gotten to see each other since we moved back here....so, Walker got to spend some quality time with Tyler. Randy took them to an arcade during what was left of the shower when they finally made it through the horrific traffic!

Lastly, I have to comment on the entertainment! My beautiful niece, Samantha, was absolutely a hit! She's 4 and was the life of the party!!!!! She helped my open gifts and was just hilarious! She's just the cutest, funniest little thing I've every seen! She can definitely work a crowd. I think Mary needs to get her an agent! :)


So, that is about it for the shower. Again, I'd like to thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts and for bringing non-perishable food items.
As soon as I get those pictures from Mom, I'll post a few more.
Take care!

No comments: