Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wyatt is 2 weeks old!

Well, it's hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since we welcomed Wyatt into the world. What an experience. I'm now officially allowed to drive!! YIPEE!
So, Tuesday we took Wyatt for his 1st doctor appointment. He's weighing 6lbs 7oz. I knew he'd lost weight since he was born, but we were so focused on getting out of the hospital I forgot to ask how much he weighed before we left...so I don't know what he got down to. The Dr. says they expect babies to be back up to their birth weight by the time they're 2 weeks old, so he's just fine.
We're not having much luck with nursing. I'm pumping several times a day, so he is getting 2-3 breastmilk bottles per day. It's disappointing, but I figure it's better than no breastmilk at all.
I haven't downloaded any new pictures yet, but I will soon. He's just the cutest little thing!
Walker is doing great with him. He loves his little brother, and it warms my heart when I see him pat Wyatt gently on the head and give him a kiss.
I'm feeling good. The incision is just a little sore still, but not near as bad as it was last week. I'm ready to feel like my old self again, but people keep reminding me that I just had major abdominal surgery and it takes time to heal. I guess they're right, but I am ready to get out of the house. I did venture to Babies R Us yesterday, which was great! Slowly, but surely, we're getting out and about!

Well, as I said I will post more pictures soon. I feel good to find the time to write this. You know, staring at a newborn baby and you loose track of time! :)
Take care and I'll blog again soon!
Missy

No comments: