Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 21

I saw the high risk group today. Got to see baby Wyatt (or Squirt as Walker calls him) wiggling around. He weighs in just over 15 ounces--almost a pound! They said he's looking good and see no reason to change my due date...he wasn't measuring 2 weeks bigger today; just a few days, so we'll stick with Jan. 13th---which should put us at delivery around Dec 29th (I hope).

They weren't able to get a really good look at his heart today, but nothing to worry about. We heard a strong heartbeat and saw all 4 chambers, he was just positioned wrong for additional views they were hoping for.....the doc says not to worry, doesn't mean anything is wrong just something they like to look at when they can. So, hopefully Wyatt will be a little more cooperative next visit on September 30th.

This weekend Randy and I will visit the Parkridge East Birthplace for a tour and information on classes. We're pretty sure we're going to sign up for the 1 day prepared childbirth course rather than the one that lasts 6 weeks. We'd rather get it over with in one 8 hour session. I'm also going to check into the breastfeeding class. After the tour we'll be heading to Babies R Us to do our registry. I'm looking forward to a baby day! Mom will be keeping Walker for us while we do all of this....she's going to take him either to The Creative Discovery Museum or The Tennessee Aquarium---whichever he decides on....so, they'll have a fun day out! (Erika will be on her ROTC rafting trip, so she won't have to endure Walker's torture :) I'll be sure to post about our experience at the hospital and registering...it ought to be fun!

Next week, Sept. 9th is my next appointment with Dr. Rohrer....then I won't have to go back to the doctor for 3 weeks! YEAH!!!!

That's all I have for now. Hope all is well where you are.

No comments: