Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dr appt....25 weeks

Here's my 25 week pic.
I saw the high-risk doctors today. This appointment didn't go as well as I'd hoped. My blood pressure was elevated to 144/98~~not good. Don't panic....it did go down to 136/89. I've had some swelling and a couple of dizzy spells over the last week, so it didn't come as a complete shock, but I didn't expect it to be quite that high. There was also a trace amount of protein in my urine. Since I will be seeing Dr. Rohrer next week, he wants me to come back in 2 weeks to follow up. I was so scared he was going to put me in the hospital and/or bed rest. Neither of which I want to do! At this point, I will not have to go on bed rest. I will, however, begin keeping a daily log of my morning and bedtime blood pressure...and also take it any time I'm feeling like it could be elevated. In addition to this, the baby's fluid is a little on the low side...this, from my understanding, can be a problem associated with my blood pressure. Fortunately, I agreed to participate in a study for preeclampsia, so I am having extra blood work and additional urine tests when I see the high risk group. So, they are keeping a VERY close eye on things. The study is nothing invasive...only extra questions, blood and urine samples each visit. So, it really is to my benefit b/c I'm having the extra things done.
Wyatt is doing well....he's now up to 1lb 11oz which is right where he should be!!!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my next appointment is better and there is no bed rest or early hospital visits in my future :)
I'll update next week.............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hospital and/or bedrest....just what any expectant mother needs, with five year old at home! You better keep a close watch on things! You know I will be keeping a very close watch on you...even more than before!
Love, Mom