Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

27 Weeks--Beginning of 3rd Trimester!


Ok, so I really shouldn't be wearing my favorite Old Navy t-shirt any more....it's going to be way too stretched out after the baby is born if I do! ;)

Well, this is the beginning of the 3rd trimester! I can't believe it. There are some days that it seems like the day to meet Wyatt will never get here, but most of the time it seems to be going by so fast!
My appointment with the high-risk group went well yesterday. The amniotic fluid and my b/p were good. They want to see me every 2 weeks now. I knew this day was soon approaching so I already had a plan that I would try to schedule the appointments with them and Dr. Rohrer on the same day and just take a day off from work every 2 weeks....well, yet another plan is out the window! They want me to be seen in their office on the alternate weeks to the appointments with Dr. Rohrer so that I'm seen every week. YUCK! But, they are the docs and know best....so I'll do what ever I have to do to make sure Wyatt is healthy and hopefully full-term.
They will start doing fetal monitoring at 32 weeks unless there is a problem. They have a really nice area for this with recliners, a tv and headphones to listen to music. Dr. K says it takes about 20 minutes each visit. Anyhow, I guess I'll be starting this in about 5 more weeks.
Next week I go to see Dr. Rohrer and I have to get my Rhogam shot. In case you don't know what that is, I am RH negative (I have O- blood type) and have to have this shot in case the baby is RH positive. Here's why: When an Rh-negative woman carries an Rh-positive baby, small numbers of the baby’s red blood cells may get into the mother’s bloodstream. This can happen during your pregnancy as well as at delivery. The mother’s immune system sees the baby’s Rh-positive red blood cells as foreign and goes to work to produce antibodies against them. Info taken from the RhoGAM website.

My next visit with Regional OB they will do measurements again to see how big he's getting. I'm not sure if I'll be having a scan at Dr. Rohrer's next week or not. One of the nice things about being high-risk is how often I get to see Wyatt on screen. I have a little photo album now with all the u/s pics....they start from a little dot at 7 weeks, then to a peanut, then to an alien, then to a teeny tiny baby and now a bigger baby that seems to be growing by leaps and bounds! No matter what gestational stage he's been loved from the day we found out about him. Granted, we were in shock and dismayed by the fact he was there, but none the less, he is very much wanted and loved :)

Well, I guess that's about all. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for my brothers. Until next week.............PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS!

No comments: