Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Sunday, December 7, 2008

36 weeks

Finally, we're getting closer to meeting our newest little man. Personally, I'll be so glad for him to be here!
As the days come closer to meeting Wyatt, the more nervous I get about delivery, however it may happen, but I'll be so glad to be done with pregnancy! I think the only thing I will really miss about being pregnant is feeling him move around and kick. It's really an awesome feeling and I think it's one of those things that I will always remember...at least I hope I will.
Well, I had my 2 doctor appointments for the week. I love Dr. Rohrer, but good grief, her office is so busy! I swear I think they forgot about me on the monitor--I was on it for an hour before the nurse finally came back in to check on me. I saw doc for about 2 minutes and then I was out the door. I think my next appointment will be a little more detailed as it will be time for the Group B Strep screening. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that at all. One of those things though. Anyhow, the baby was good. I actually had a few contractions that showed up on the NST--one was actually up in the 40 range...yeah, I know it's nothing compared to what it will be, but it was neat to see one get up that high--it didn't hurt. The infrequent contractions are becoming stronger, but they still don't "hurt", they're more just uncomfortable.
My second appointment for the week was on Friday with my high risk docs. Randy actually got to go with me to this appointment which was great! It's the first time he's been able to go with me since we first moved back to Chattanooga. My b/p was elevated (144/98) and I told the doc about all the swelling I've been having and how it's been getting much worse. It made perfect sense to him since I'd gained 8 lbs in just 1 week!!! OMG! I was like what the hell??!!!! He said it's likely water. With the swelling and pitting, elevated b/p and rapid weight gain it's likely that I may have the beginning of pre-eclampsia. He said that it's not uncommon during pregnancy, especially with the diabetes. He asked about work and I told him that I work at home. He asked that I take a couple of 20 minutes breaks while working and lie down on my left side. I'm so glad Randy was with me at this appointment, otherwise he may have thought I was just trying get away with watching TV rather than working--hehe!! I just hope I can take these breaks without falling asleep! :)
So, we'll see what happens next week. One good thing will be that we'll get weight measurements again on Friday to see how big the little guy is getting.

Oh, I almost forgot...here's my weekly belly shot:

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: