Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No induction this week

Well, I had my visit with Dr. Rohrer today. I'm kind of bummed. I was really hoping she'd be able to induce me this week, but she'll be going on vacation beginning on Thursday and won't be back until Monday, December 29th. Yep, AFTER Christmas! Ugh. But, she did say that the Dr. I'll see in her absence may do the induction for me depending on the amnio results. I'd much rather her deliver Wyatt, but I'm willing to let the other doctor do it too.
The only draw back is that my appointment with the other doctor is at 2:30 on Monday. I don't know how these things typically work, so I don't know if they'd put me in for an induction that same day or not...or if I'd have to wait until the next day. If I have to wait until the next day I'd be nervous that if something went wrong and I had to have a c-section for some reason that I'd be stuck in the hospital on Christmas Day. So, I'm wondering if it may be better to just wait until after Christmas so I don't have to worry so much about Christmas. It is only 2 weeks away after all.....surely I can handle it that much longer.
Now, with all this said, there is a chance that I'll go into labor on my own before being induced. This would be wonderful as long as I don't have to be in the hospital on Christmas....that's my biggest fear--I don't want to miss Christmas with Walker. But, I'd be surprised if I go on my own. According to Dr. Rohrer I haven't dilated any more, although I'm thinning nicely (as she put it) and the baby is low. So, I could be like this for weeks.
I'm anxious to for my appointment on Friday with ROC. I'm hopeful that Wyatt's lungs are fully developed and we'll have the option for an induction if I feel I can't go any further. We'll certainly keep you all posted on how things are progressing.
Take care!

No comments: