Douglas Baby # 3 is on the way!

babies

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Slow progression.....but slow is better than no

I saw Dr. Rohrer yesterday for my 37 week visit---well, 37 weeks per Dr. Rohrer, 35 per ROC because they will not officially change my due date. Anyhow, all went well on the NST (non-stress test) monitoring. Wyatt was being a bit lazy at first and I had to stay on a little longer, but he perked up and all is well. Dr Rohrer asked if ROC had mentioned anything to me yet about a possible delivery date and I advised that no they had not. I asked if a delivery date would be up to them and she said yes, of course unless my body chooses to go in labor Au natural!:)
I was supposed to have my Group B Strep test, but she forgot to do it before checking me....and it had to be done before a check, so she said to let ROC know and they may decide to do it otherwise she'll do it at next weeks visit. I have to say this about my exam.....IT HURT!!!!! OUCH!!! I'd heard that it might, but OMG, I couldn't believe how uncomfortable just an exam could be. The only good thing about it was finding out that I am 1cm dilated and thinning. Not quite what I was hoping for, but better than nothing. I was hoping to be at 2 or 3 and 100%, but no such luck. I could be this way for weeks, but at least I'm not at 0.
Tomorrow I'll get to find out how big the little booger is....can't wait for that! Oh, and tonight I have a breastfeeding class. I'm looking forward to it. Randy will be staying home with Walkerman.....he said I was on my own for this class--can't blame him, not like he can really do much to breastfeed the baby! lol
Well, I'll post an update tomorrow about my class tonight and my appointment tomorrow!
Keep your fingers crossed that they'll let me pick a date!!!
XOXO
Missy

No comments: